Organic Sprouted Spelt Whole Wheat Flour
Organic Sprouted Spelt Whole Wheat Flour – 3, 10 and 50 lbs bags
Stone milled fresh on demand from the whole wheat berry – Breadtopia stone mills the whole grain into flour as needed to fill customer orders. Our customers are assured of receiving freshly milled whole wheat flour every time.
About Sprouted Grains:
- Enzymes created during the sprouting process convert dormant nutrients into an active form that can be used by the seed to foster growth. This conversion also makes these nutrients more digestible and bioavailable (more easily absorbed) by our bodies.
- Sprouting changes the taste and flavor profile of grains and seeds. Enzymes created during germination convert complex starch into simple sugars making sprouted grains taste sweeter than unsprouted grains.
- Sprouting sets off a series of chain reactions that alter the functionality of the seed. Sprouted cereal flours such as sprouted wheat flour boast improved loaf volume and enzymes created during the germination can help slow down the staling process.
Benefits of sprouted grains:
- Improved loaf volume
- Improved bioavailability
- Increased vitamins and nutrients
- Extended shelf life of milled grains
Spelt is an ancient variety of wheat with its roots in the Fertile Crescent some 9000 years ago. It is more widely used in Europe where it’s known as dinkel in Germany and farro in Italy. While higher in protein than commonly used wheat varieties, the nature of its proteins results in less gluten formation when making bread dough. Many people with wheat allergies or sensitivities can enjoy bread made with spelt flour.
Spelt is renowned for its health benefits but also delivers a mellow nutty flavor. Use in place of ordinary wheat for breads and pasta. This whole spelt sourdough bread recipe is a favorite of ours.
Our grain is grown by family-owned and operated farms — certified organic farms that are committed to ideals of sustainable stewardship of our natural resources for those of future generations.
Note: Since this flour contains wheat germ and wheat germ is an oil, this flour will not keep for as long as typical commercially milled white flour. Do not purchase more than you expect to consume within a few months. We recommend keeping your flour in air tight packaging or container and storing in a cool place or preferably the refrigerator or freezer.
people are currently looking at this product
Estimated delivery time 7-14 days
Guaranteed Safe Checkout