Artisan Pizza Dough
There is nothing better than gourmet pizza dough that is fresh and homemade. Our preferred Napoli Dough is a perennial favorite in our home. When baked in a Firewalker Oven wood-fired pizza oven you get the most amazing pizza crust. It's lite and crispy with perfect char and will rival the best pizzerias.
1. Mix a quarter cup of water and the yeast in a small bowl and let stand for about 5 minutes.
2. Use a mixer to slowly combine flour and water/yeast. After a minute turn the mixer up to medium and continue for 4 minutes until all the flour has been incorporated into the dough. Add the salt and mix for another 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and soft. Alternatively, the dough can be mixed and kneaded by hand.
3. Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and work it into a big ball. Put the dough in a bowl and cover so that it is airtight. Let the dough stand in a warm place for 8 hours. Many pizza aficionados prepare dough at night and let it sit until morning. The dough will double its original size.
4. If the dough is warm, let it come to room temperature. Cooling may take up to 2 hours.
5. Dump the dough onto a lightly floured dusted work surface and punch it down. Use a knife to cut the dough into five pieces. Roll the pieces into balls and put them on the baking sheets. Use a knife to pop any bubbles. Cover the balls with plastic wrap and let stand for at least 8 hours.
6. Preheat your pizza oven to your preferred banking temperature and let the dough balls rest uncovered while the oven is preheating.
7. Use a floured working surface and your fingers to stretch each dough ball into 10-inch round pizzas. Work from the center to the edge while avoiding the outermost edge. Add your favorite sauce, fresh cheese and let your imagination go wild.
8. Finally, slide your raw pizza into your Firewalker Ovens wood fire pizza oven. Close the door quickly, so you don't lose heat. Bake until the bottom of your dough is lightly charred, and the cheese is bubbling.